Tuesday, March 7, 2017

Self Care - EW's Binge Podcast!! #trypod

A lot of the success I've had in my recovery is due to finally taking care of myself. Now that I believe that I'm worth it and that I matter it's very important for me to remember to continually look for ways to improve my self care. One thing that I absolutely LOVE is listening to podcasts and now that my commute is so long it is an even bigger obsession of mine. Tonight on the train, I listened to the final installment in EW's Binge podcast review of Friday Night Lights. FNL has been off the air for *several* years but each and every second of each and every episode of Binge made me smile, laugh out loud, awwww and nearly burst into tears as I listened to Darren Franich and Sam Highfill review the perfection of the series. I loved Darren and Sam's commentary, loved listening to old clips and loved even more the bits of interviews they conducted with the cast members. Everything about it makes my heart so very happy! I fully recommend that anyone who was a fan of the show spend some time reliving the magic of Tami and Eric Taylor, Street, Smash, Riggins, Saracen, Julie, Landry and the rest of the fabulous gang.

I'll leave you with the the final words of Coach Taylor (from the DVD not the broadcasted final episode):

Gentleman, the time has come for me to move on. I will always remember the feeling of that hot breeze slapping my face as I walked onto the field on a hot Friday night in Texas. The sizzle of the hot dogs the grilling of the concession stand, the smell of the grass, the vibrations from the bleachers as the crowd first roars and all of your hopeful eyes shining out from under those helmets and you will always be part of me. My heart and my soul, you are my family. I ask only this, wherever you go whatever you do remember this time. Remember this time when together we accomplished the impossible. And know wherever I go and whatever I do I will take these memories with me. I will cherish these memories always.

#texasforever
#cleareyesfullheartscantlose
#trypod

No comments:

Post a Comment